Pena Nieto: Socks or Answers

Photo courtesy of businessinsider.com

Photo courtesy of businessinsider.com

Photo courtesy of businessinsider.com

Anonymous, Guest Contributor

Pena Nieto has been Mexico’s president since 2012. He entered the Molino del Rey 6th 10 kilometer run with what seemed a casual and comfortable running outfit. However, some people noticed that his socks appeared to be backwards. It almost came to be an unnoticed Twitter hashtag, until Pena Nieto replied to the rumors to end it. He posted on Twitter an image of the socks’ design, proving he did not wear his socks backwards during the run. His post said “Aclarando el #calcetagate,” which translates to “Clarifying the #SockGate.” An outbreak of response followed. The citizens of Mexico started to exclaim “how could he clarify the socks issue, instead of clearing up the real problems?”

The people started blowing up twitter asking the real, unanswered questions, one of them being, ”Where did the 43 male students from the normal Rural school of Ayotzinapa disappear to?” According to BBC Mundo, there was a witness declaring that the two policemen at the crime scene did nothing to stop the kidnapping. Only a portion of a part of the body of one of the children was found in a dumpster. The kidnapping at Ayotzinapa is not the only issue he is not trying to resolve.

Image courtesy of expectaculos.com

His wife, Angelica Rivera, is another issue he has not yet attended to. NPR, a dedicated news site, has stated that “Mexico’s first lady, Angélica Rivera, is known for her fondness of designer clothes and European vacations.” She not only takes luxury trips to the likes of Europe and Beverly Hills, but she also owns two expensive homes, one in Mexico, and the other in the U.S. As an actress, she should not be able to afford such things. It is believed she is using the citizens’ taxes to pay for her high life. There is nothing wrong with liking to be pampered, but it is unethical to pay for these luxuries with the money of the starving citizens of Mexico. Pena Nieto, to this day, does not clarify where the money is coming from to pay for these trips.

Pena Nieto has numerous unresolved dilemmas to solve for his people, as do all national leaders, including the rise in gas prices. The gas price have risen, but the wages of the citizen remain the same. The citizens do not earn enough money to pay for the gas to get to work and pay for a meal for themselves. With the little money they earn, they don’t want to pay for a small amount of gas, especially if the money is going towards Angelica’s unnecessary expense. Of all the dilemmas his country faces, he elected to resolve an irrelevant rumor. The citizens of Mexico do not care if Pena Nieto was wearing his socks backwards. They want and deserve answers, not socks.

3 Comments

3 Responses to “Pena Nieto: Socks or Answers”

1. Smithe593 on June 17th, 2017 1:09 pm

Hey, you used to write amazing, but the last couple of posts have been kinda boring I miss your tremendous writings. Past couple of posts are just a little out of track! come on! bkdedbaeaaadcefe

[Reply]

2. Smithb784 on June 17th, 2017 1:09 pm

Though it is true I enjoy your writing style, I don’t agree with your main point of view about this one. I do delight in your website nevertheless. edfeeecefcfdafgd

[Reply]

3. Smithd121 on June 17th, 2017 1:10 pm

We’re a group of volunteers and starting a new scheme in our community. cebddkcefdeccedf

[Reply]

• Pena Nieto: Socks or Answers

Opinion

The Liberal Fear of Race

• Pena Nieto: Socks or Answers

A Review: SHS’s The Little Mermaid

• Pena Nieto: Socks or Answers

Showcase

These Busy Scholars at Shortridge

• Pena Nieto: Socks or Answers

Local

Editorial Review: Shortridge Scholars Present at the KVML VonnegutFest

• Pena Nieto: Socks or Answers

Global

An Approach to the Natural Sciences

• Pena Nieto: Socks or Answers

First Ever Spooky School!

• Pena Nieto: Socks or Answers

Happy Death Day: Is it worth it?

• Pena Nieto: Socks or Answers

Showcase

How much luggage should I carry?

• Pena Nieto: Socks or Answers

Little Mermaid Promises To Be A Hit

• Pena Nieto: Socks or Answers

An Analysis of the Social Sciences

Pena Nieto: Socks or Answers